Hereford Kayak Club
Access to the boat shed and river
As of now we can start to use the club boat shed and steps (taped off area) to access the river( No other facilities), we are not able to offer club organised sessions. Only competent paddlers who have their boats stored in the shed will be able to use these facilities for this week , we will review the situation regarding use of club equipment, if anyone would like to use club equipment in the future please contact me (email@example.com) please read and observe all guidelines.
Guidelines for Kayaking from the Club
* If you have any signs/symptoms of illness stay away from the club
* When at the club Observe the 2-metre rule at all times.
* Only competent paddlers permitted on water.
* Only boat shed accessible at the Rowing club. No Changing rooms no toilet facilities
* Come changed ready to paddle.
* Leave all towels and dry clothing in Car none to be placed in shed.
* Provide own hand sanitizer for hands before opening and shutting boat store door and using tap
* Only handle your own boat and equipment in shed.
* Only one person in boat shed at any one time unless from the same household requiring a double kayak.
* When you have your boat do not stand about, access the water as soon as possible.
* Access and egress the water at the upstream end of the steps one boat at a time, there is a taped off area for us.
* On the water you should always maintain 2 metre separation and should only be paddling with one other unless from same household.
* Club boats, and paddles to be washed after use there is disinfectant, bucket and sponge inside boat store Sanitize hands before use of tap
* Store your paddles / spray decks/buoyancy aid in your boat after use or take them home
Please find on the Covid-19 tab these guidelines along with the clubs Covid-19 risk assessment
This is a trial period only let’s make it work.
Enjoy the river